Does the new year mean a new job for you? If you’re on the hunt for the job that will kick start your career, then you’ll need to start updating your resume. It’s not always a straightforward process though, so you’ll need to utilize some tools to reach your goal. Here’s ten online tools that will help you get through the process quickly, and lead to interviews for the job you want.
Why use online tools?
Everyone knows how to write a resume, right? Why do you need tools to help you do it?
The answer is, because you don’t want to write the same resume as everybody else. You want your resume to be different and unique. When you’re writing on your own, it can be difficult as you’re trying to do all of this on your own. Pull in the help of a few tools, and you can create a resume that will have potential employers falling over themselves to interview you.
Here’s the ten tools you really need to try out for yourself. Pick your favourites from the list to get a resume that really highlights you at your best.
- Boom Essays: The writers at this professional writing service know that’s difficult to be objective about your own achievements. What should you include, and what doesn’t a potential employer need to know? It’s harder than you think to hone your skills down into a list that will make you the best candidate for the job.
Contact the Boom Essays writers, and they’ll take your information and craft it into the perfect resume for you and the job you’re going for. It’ll take all the guesswork out of it, and you can send off a winning resume every time.
- Visualize.me: A resume is a resume is a resume, right? Wrong. Your resume doesn’t need to be the same old list of past jobs, like everyone else’s. There’s lots of ways of wowing someone with your resume, but using this service is one of the easiest.
Log in, and you can create infographics out of your information. These can show anything you want, from the amount of customers you’ve reached, how many campaigns you’ve headed, or even your years of experience in the field. It’s easier for potential employers to see what you’ve done in graphic form, so they’re much more likely to call you back for an interview.
- UK Writings: Were you taught how to write a resume at school? If you were lucky, you were probably shown a few ‘good’ templates, and then asked to fill them in with your own information. You’ve probably been using that template ever since.
The writers at UK Writings can help you create something that’s much more in line with you and the job you have in mind. They’ll take your information and create a resume that really is unique. You’ll be glad you ditched that template for good.
- Resumention: There’s a few different reasons why you may be looking for a new resume. You could be fresh from college and looking for your first job. You could be looking to climb up the career ladder and make the next step. You could even be looking to change career entirely.
Whatever your reasons, these writers are able to help you make that next step. Tell them what you need that resume to do, and they’ll create something that really pops. No employer will be able to turn you down after seeing a resume from them.
- Live Career: Resume building is often seen as a time consuming process. It can be, if you’re doing it without help. Luckily, thanks to the internet you no longer have to slave away over that resume for hours on end.
This service gives you hundreds of templates to choose from, meaning you can build your own resume in a matter of minutes. There’s also tools for helping you build a cover letter, making sure that you can build the whole package quickly. Once you’re done, you can upload your resume to their database, which means you can get headhunted by employers much more quickly than you’d think.
- Essayroo: You may be looking to write a resume because you’re fresh out of college, and ready to go find your first job. Nowadays that can be a bigger challenge than you think. There’s more people fighting for those jobs than ever before, and the competition is growing.
You may be worrying that you don’t have enough experience to fill out a resume, but the writers at this service will prove you wrong. You give them your current experience and information, and they can create a resume that shows you off in the best light. You may not be as worldly as other applicants, but you can still be the best.
- Ladders Resume Builder: Laying out a resume in a traditional word processor, such as Microsoft Word, can be nothing short of an utter hassle. If you’re trying to write such an important document, the last thing you need is to be fighting with an uncooperative program.
This tool lets you write your resume right in your browser. It gives you a clean and simple style to use, with no distractions. Once you’re done, you can download your work right from the website. If you want something that takes little effort to understand, this is the tool for you.
- Australian Help: Many a resume has been thrown out by a potential employer thanks to easily missed spelling and grammatical errors. With competition being so fierce, they have to find any way they can to whittle down the applications they receive.
That means your resume could have been disregarded just because you’ve made a simple grammatical error. If you want to avoid this, try the grammar guide at Australian Help. It’s incredibly in depth, and you’ll find the answers to any questions you may have. Never make an easily avoided mistake again.
- Resume.com: Building the resume is all very well and good, but what about once it’s written? You’ll need to make sure that the right people see it, or you’ll never get the job you’re looking for.
This website helps you put together the resume, and once you’re done you can upload it for other employers to see. They regularly check the databases for new talent, so you could be just the person they’re looking for. You can even upload multiple versions of the same resume, if you’re looking to keep your options open.
- Resume Genius: Do you feel you don’t have the writing experience needed to really sell yourself in your resume? That’s not a problem. This website takes you step by step through the process, so you can build a resume without the effort it normally takes.
The best part is that their templates have been approved by HR experts, so you’re guaranteed more call backs.
Try these tools out and see which ones click with you. Now you can write the best resume for you, and land the job you really want for the new year. You’ll be glad you did.