Do you feel overloaded or overwhelmed? Or do you feel lonely or worthlessness? These physical and emotional disorders can cause a severe headache, increased depression, rapid breathing, high blood pressure, erectile dysfunction, etc. in men. As a matter of fact, prolonged stress and anxiety is the reason behind 30% of infertility problems in men. These symptoms and emotional disorders occur due to stress and anxiety, and you can reduce it with the help of exercises to counteract stress and anxiety in men.
What are stress and anxiety?
Generally, stress is your body’s way of responding to any situation or demand. Stress causes a rush of hormones in the body. The hypothalamus present in the brain reacts by stimulating the body to produce hormones which include cortisol and adrenaline when the body detects stress. Your body responds to these hormonal changes with emotional, mental, and physical response.
Anxiety is a feeling or disorder that instigates nervousness, worry, fear, and apprehension. Generally speaking, anxiety occurs when you react with out of proportion to what is usually expected to happen on facing a situation. Stress and anxiety are a normal part of human life, but you can reduce its occurrence. But don’t worry anymore as here is the answer to your most curious question “How to Relieve Stress and Anxiety?”.
Top Tremendous Exercises to Counteract Stress and Anxiety In Men
Read on to discover effective exercises to prevent stress and anxiety in men.
1. Camel Pose:
How to do?
- Begin the exercise by kneeling and placing the hands on your hips
- Make sure that the sole of the feet is facing the top and the shoulders and knees are in the same line
- Now gently inhale and draw the coccyx(tailbone) in towards your pubis and feel the pull at the stomach
- Arch your back and slide the palms over your feet and keep the arms straight
- Stay in this position for about 20-40 seconds and slowly release the pose
Benefits of camel pose:
It is a fantastic stretch and enables better blood circulation throughout the body. Camel pose reduces stress and calms the mind by opening the spine and heart.
2. Bridge Pose:
How to do?
- Begin the stretch by lying flat on your back on the mat
- Place your feet on the ground and bend the knees and ensure that the ankles and knees are places in a straight line
- Rest your arms beside the body and let your palms facing down
- Inhale and lift the lower, upper, and middle of the back off the ground
- Let the chin touch your chest without moving by rolling your shoulders
- Ensure that your thighs are parallel to the floor by firming up your buttocks
- Now lift your torso higher by pushing the hands harder
- Breath slowly and deeply and hold the posture for 30 -60 seconds
- Exhale and release the pose slowly
Benefits of bridge pose:
Just like camel pose bridge pose also allows better blood circulation through the body. Bridge pose can also be very energizing.
3. Child pose:
How to do?
- Let your big toes touch the ground and spread your knees wide apart and sit with your heels and inhale
- when you exhale, bend forward and lay the torso between the thighs
- Let your abdomen settle down on the inner thighs
- Gently stretch the coccyx(tailbone) away from the back of the pelvis and lift the base of the head slightly away from the back of the neck
- Stretch the arms forward and keep them in front of you and ensure that they are in line with the knees
- Release the shoulder to the floor and feel the weight of the front shoulders pulling the blades widely across the back
- Stay in this pose for about 30-60 seconds and release it slowly
The benefit of child’s pose:
Child’s pose is a restorative and calming pose that rejuvenates and relaxes the body. The pose soothes the muscles and alleviates pain in neck, back, and shoulders. Child’s pose resembles a fetal position that is said to have mental, physical, and emotional balance.
4. Corpse Pose:
How to do?
- Lie flat on a hard surface and make sure that there is no disturbance
- Close your eyes and place the comfortably apart
- Relax your body completely and toes facing sidewards
- Let your palms and put your arms along your body or slightly apart
- Breath slowly and deeply
- Focus yourself and your body by forgetting all other works
- Relax for about 5-10 minutes and feel fresh and relaxed
- Roll one side by keeping the eyes closed and sit
- Open your eyes after taking the last few breaths
Benefits of corpse pose
The corpse pose is one of the best exercises to alleviate depression, stress, and anxiety. It allows the ultimate relaxation of the body and mind. The exercise allows the body to recharge and rest. It is the most natural and simple exercises to counteract stress and anxiety in men.
- If you have a neck or back injury, it is better to avoid camel pose, child pose, and bridge pose.
- If you are suffering from either very high or low blood pressure it is best to avoid the exercises.
5. Active participation in team sports:
One of the best stress and anxiety reliever is to schedule yourself with friends and family and organize sports events such as basketball, football, and tennis. You get deviated from work pressure, and other stress when you actively participate in such sports. You have fun with loved ones and release endorphins. You get a double dose of stress and anxiety relief from participating in team sports.
The exercises to counteract stress and anxiety in men is the simple and most straightforward way to reduce stress and anxiety. There is no doubt in that. The yoga asanas and activities discussed and are wondrously beneficial and cause no side effects on the body. Reducing stress and anxiety in the male population is no more a mammoth’s task if you follow these exercises. Additionally, you could also use essential oils for your anxiety as a suppository in your regimen alongside these exercises. While doing these poses and exercises make sure you keep the precautions in mind to get useful results. However, if inflammation or pain persist and become more painful over time, make sure to consult with a physician.