Are you looking to burn some of your fat? As you may know, it can be a difficult task. However, there are currently some fat burners that work wonders and can provide you with some serious results, while at the same time not having any side effects.
In this article, we will provide you with some specific guidelines that will help you identify the best fat burners for men. That is, those that can give you the best results and work fast. You have to remember, however, that in order to see some real results, you should commit yourself to using a fat burner for at least two months.
For those seriously struggling with weight loss, you may want to consider a medication like Saxenda.
How Do They Work?
Fat burners for men are designed for increasing your metabolism, and they help you use your fat reserves as energy. However, it’s important to know how to use these fat burners in order to avoid the risks that come with misusing and overusing them.
The most well-known kind of fat burners are known as thermogenics. As the name signifies, thermogenics create heat through an increase in metabolism, which causes lipolysis (the disintegration of the fat). But, what exactly is thermogenesis? It’s nothing more than your own body’s heat production.
Like most animals, human brains keep the body at a constant temperature, within some defined limits. That is why we need to constantly consume energy, which is obtained through the nutrients of our food. This heat production is regulated, as many other organic processes, through the secretion of hormones in the bloodstream, to let the body know what it is supposed to do.
Thermogenic products have the capacity to activate certain receptors in the cells that make our brains believe that it is being asked to increase the heat production, through the consumption of fatty acids of the fat reserves of our body. As you may imagine, the final result of all of this is a reduction of those fat reserves!
Another type of fat burner is called a stimulant. They have substances that stimulate the adrenal alfa-beta receptors of your nervous system. The action that is produced can be similar to an adrenaline rush: your heart accelerates, your lungs open themselves, and your body temperature increases.
Your body starts to burn a great number of calories in order to produce heat. Metabolism is also accelerated as if you were doing exercise. As a result of all of this, the fat decomposition process (also known as fat oxidation) is accelerated.
The final kind of popular fat burner is the appetite suppressor. Their purpose is to eliminate the sensation of hunger after workouts. These fat burners also have diuretics, allowing the elimination of water, making it possible to lose weight fast.
What Makes a Good Supplement?
As we’ve seen previously, there are three main kinds of fat burners on the market: thermogenics, stimulants and appetite suppressors. Nowadays, the most effective and widely used fat burner are thermogenics, so we’ll concentrate on those at the moment.
With so many fat burners being touted as THE perfect solution, it may be hard to choose between all of them. Some things you should keep an eye on when facing this decision are:
- Look for respectable brands: avoid small or relatively unknown brands. Remember that these supplements are something that, in the end, will be inside your organism. So, it’s not recommended to try something unless it comes from a well-known, prestigious manufacturer.
- Read online reviews: most quality fat-burners will have hundreds of good reviews online. If you find few or no results for a particular supplement when looking for online reviews, pass on that one.
- Results: good fat burners will start showing results after a maximum of 2 or 3 months of use.
- Suitable for men: of course, this may seem obvious, but always verify that the supplement you’re looking at is suitable for men (or men & women), and not just for women.
- Number of doses per day: some supplements may require 4 or 5 doses per day. Even though this is not a disadvantage per se, you should consider that remembering to take a dose 4 or 5 times a day can be annoying and difficult to achieve, if your days tend to be very busy.
Common Fat Burner Ingredients
There are several different fat burners for men, as well as different formulas that work for the same purpose. The most commonly used ingredients you will find in fat burners are:
- Carnitine (it moves fat, but does not alter the nervous system’s functioning),
- Choline (fat’s metabolism),
- Chitosan (it prevents the absorption of the fats),
- HCA (hydroxycitric acid; it prevents the accumulation of fats),
- Guggulsterone (it stimulates the thyroid), and
- Chrome polynicotinate, caffeine and guaraná (they all activate metabolism).
These ingredients serve different purposes that help you reduce your body fat easily. For a clearer picture, here’s a list of benefits that are associated with these ingredients:
- Reduces the fat deposits and improves the fat/muscle mass ratio. This means that the relationship between fat and muscle mass is improved through an increased metabolism.
- Increases your energy and predisposes the organism for physical activity through an increase in the contribution of energetic substrates to the muscles.
- Helps reduce the fat percentage in your body.
- Provides more energy during training.
- Some of these ingredients have carnitine, which helps to reduce the blood cholesterol levels, improves blood circulation, and reduces the chances of heart attacks.
- Increases the basal energy expenditure (energy that the organism requires for development, as well as important activities while at rest and during fasting). It also depends on the size of the body (weight, height), its composition (fat and lean parts), and age.
Apart from the basic ingredients that were mentioned, fat burners can also have many different substances on them, which include:
- Extract of Citrus Aurantium
- Extract of Guaraná
- Extract of Yohimbe
- Garcinia cambogia
- Green tea
- White sauce
- Chromium polynicotinate
Some of the active principles coming from these extracts imitate the activity of the catecholamines (a group of compounds which include adrenaline, noradrenaline, and dopamine). Catecholamines are produced in the adrenal glands and in the nerve endings. They play an important role in the sympathetic nervous system and in the response to stress, in terms of their capacity of increasing thermogenesis, energy production, and predisposition of the cardiovascular system for muscular activity.
The cells of the adipose tissue, which are in charge of storing fat, have adrenergic receptors which activate lipolysis. The fatty acids that are liberated during lipolysis can be used by certain tissues as a source of energy, like for example, our muscles or our brain.
Thermogenics imitate the catecholamine activity by increasing not only the basal metabolism, but also the lipids’ oxidation. This comes as great help when we need to reduce fat, and is a good complement to any nutrition and training program.
Finding Proven Supplements
As previously mentioned, finding a good fat burner supplement can be a hard task to accomplish, due to the almost infinite number of products you will find. On top of that, all of them claim to be the perfect solution for you, producing unbelievable results in the shortest amount of time. This is why, in this case, it’s very important to only rely on respectable sources of information and proven brands.
Some of the companies you can rely on for these kinds of supplements, simply because they are the most respected brands in the weight-loss business, are:
- Hydroxycut Ultra
- Roar Ambition
- Old School Labs
You can easily tell a good effective fat burner if you check the online reviews. Fat burners that work fast will have been reviewed online. But beware of shoddy looking scam sites, and choose something reputable and trusted! One of the best examples of a trusted review site would be https://www.whatfatburner.com/top-3-fat-burners, which bases reviews on scientific studies and regular product tests. There, you will find three excellent, proven supplements that are among the best fat burners for men available in the market right now.
We hope you’ve found this article useful for understanding how fat burners work, as well as knowing how to choose the right one for you! Remember to always check the brand and manufacturer (through online reviews) of the supplement you’d like to buy, and then maintain its usage for at least 2 months, and you’ll be fine! After some time, you’ll be very glad to see the great results you’ve achieved.