Hey guys, thanks for taking interest in contributing to Menprovement:
First of all, thank you! We truly appreciate our audience and all the love and support that we have received over the past several years. Due to an increased volume of emails recently, we have decided to heap all of our guidelines, rules, and FAQs together on one page for anyone who is interested in being a contributor, posting guest articles, sponsoring the podcast, or anything of a similar nature.
We have compiled this page so that we can cut down on unnecessary communication so that we can invest that time into better serving this community. If you have any questions pertaining to contributing to the site, the cost of a sponsored post, reviews etc. etc. Please read this page in its entirety BEFORE emailing anyone on the team.
If you email us with a question that has already been answered below, we will not respond. We hope that you understand and can work with us in our efforts to make MenProvement more efficient, relevant, and help this community become the #1 site in the world for all things men’s personal improvement!
Sean & the MenProvement Team
Guidelines for Becoming An Author or Submitting Guest Posts or Sponsored Posts
We are no longer accepting guest posts HOWEVER we are always looking out for amazing new authors, granted that they contribute a minimum of once a month and all posts meet the guidelines below.
All regular contributors have free will to link back to their on work and products in their articles as long as it pertains to self improvement. This is a great way to build your personal brand, brand yourself as an expert and increase SEO to your site and articles. And make sales of course.
So if you want to be a continuing contributor, please read our guidelines and then hit us up!
If You Are Submitting an Article from a Genuine Place of Wanting to Serve the Menprovement Community and Help Improve Lives
– before writing the article, please research the keyword that you are going to be writing for, this will greatly help your exposure and make the article visible to Google
– We prefer articles that are in depth about ONE particular subject and serve as a comprehensive resource in that subject
– Please link to other quality websites (might be yours)
– Please include other forms of media on top of text such as images, and videos
– The article must be specific and relate to one of Menprovement categories
– The content must be fresh and unique, no dry how to lists, convey personality and authority over the subject you’re writing about, ideally tell a story that can personalize advice and make the article stand out (here’s the magic formula for an irresistable article : AIDA formula)
-Make sure that the headline prompts the reader to click on it (go to Headline Analyzer for more information)
– Please use short paragraphs and make it easy for the reader to read it by addressing him/her and writing with him/her in mind,
– Articles must be relevant and offer clear directions for readers to improve their lives in some way
– There is no fee for posting on Menprovement (unless you are seeking a sponsored review)
– Your english must be impeccable (sorry we don’t have 3 hours to edit broken english)
– Guest/contributor articles should be a minimum of 1,200 words posts of 1000 may be accepted if they offer incredible value, however, posts under 1000 words are not allowed
– Guest/contributor articles should be formatted in the style of other MenProvement articles with main topics broken up by several headings (heading 2 for wordpress) and subheadings (heading 3), single spacings between paragraphs, all bullet point and numbered lists done manually, and not auto formatted by word(press), and an “In Conclusion” section summarizing the article.
– When submitting your article, please include your name, a link to your website, your social media links and a short bio. You may also include a picture if you so desire. Please note that any articles we receive without this information will posted up under either Sean Russell or Guest Author.
– You may include a link to your own website or company provided that it is relevant to the readers (it pertains to men’s interests in either health, relationships, finance, style etc.)
– Articles will go live in the order that we receive them and may take up to 1-1.5 months to be published do to the high volume of articles we receive and write ourselves.
– Our Guest and Customer Support Manager, Maia will email you the day of publication with the live link to your article.
If You Work for an Advertising Company or SEO Agency and Are Looking to Post an Article for a Link or Product Promotion
– The article must be over 1,000 words and offer genuine ways for the readers to improve their lives. You may link to your website or product, but it must be a natural part of the article.
– You may NOT include links to irrelevant sites (e.g. gambling sites, porn, or other subjects not directly related to men’s interest)
– The fee for this is $150 made payable via paypal to email@example.com. The fee must be paid the day of publication
– Articles will be published 1-2 weeks after we receive them on either a Thursday or Saturday at 6 a.m. Est
– If you wish to post a series of articles, discounts and payment plans can be arranged
If you would like to have a sponsored post featured about your company, product, service etc.
The same criteria as above apply: Relevant, 1,000+ words, $150 per article.
If you are willing to abide by the guidelines above: Please send over your guest contribution/sponsored post to our Editor in Chief at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that sending an article does not guarantee it will be published. If Austin or Sean feel that the article is not relevant to the community or offering real value, then the article will not go live.
Guidelines for Sponsorships:
The Menprovement Podcast is featured on iTunes and currently gets more than 30,000 downloads a month. As a podcast sponsor, you would get a 1 minute pre-roll of me talking up your company, telling the guys how great it is and where to find you.
You can see an example here (http://www.menprovement.com/mpp013) with a sponsorship plug at the 2 minute mark. This episode currently has 13,000 downloads and continues to rise every month as we are constantly gaining new visitors.
This costs $150 for a single episode or $500 for a month of sponsorship (4 episodes) or $900 for 2 months (8 Episodes). You also have the option to give a specific coupon code for listeners to go and use at your site.
What Sort of Products/Services Are We Looking For?
Anything relevant to men’s interests and personal growth, particularly:
-Workout supplements and nootropics
-Entrepreneurship/business courses or services
-Dating and relationship courses or services
-Subscription boxes and other cool fashion products
What Are the Guidelines for Sponsors?
Here at Menprovement, we strive to only recommend the best that means that to be considered for a sponsorship, you have 1 of 2 options.
1) Send us a Sample of Your Product or Service to Try
This is ideal as it will allow us to properly gauge the quality of what you are offering before we recommend it to our listeners.
Email email@example.com to for the address and any other necessary information.
2) Have Raving Fans
If your product is high quality, the reviews left by your audience will be more than enough to back it up. If you are looking to be a sponsor and we see that you have an overwhelming number of fans and followers, we will happily partner with you to share your products with our audience.
Guidelines for Affiliates:
The guidelines for companies or individuals seeking an affiliate partnership are similar to those guidelines for sponsorship with the exception that WE MUST receive a sample of the product to try out before we will even consider partnering up.
We value our audience’s trust far too much to recommend products that we have not personally tried and loved.
If you want to send over a sample kit for review and consideration, email austin@menprovement.
I want to become a regularly contributing author, how can I do that?
Follow this link and apply for an authorship. Note that we are much more likely to approve your application if you have already sent a guest article that we have published and enjoyed.
I work for an online gambling company and we would like to guest post with a link to our website?
But it will be a really good article and we will only have one link??
No, we value our audience’s trust too much.
How do I get on the podcast with Sean?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with a short pitch about who you are and what you will contribute to the audience. If he thinks that it is a good match, he will put you in contact with me.
Thank you guys/gals. Let’s change the way men live forever.